Day One: Pulled Pork with Baked Beans & Cole Slaw and Garlic Bread: Put thawed pork tenderloin in the Crock Pot. Empty BBQ sauce and beef broth over tenderloin and cover with lid, cook on low 8-10 hours. When finished shred tenderloin and serve with BBQ sauce and black pepper. Prepare coleslaw as liked (mayo with a dash of sugar is how I usually prepare), follow directions to cook baked beans and garlic bread.
Day Two: Peppered Lime Chicken with Avocado Salad and a Creamy Lime Dressing: Click here for recipe.
Day Three: Egg Sandwiches with Fresh Fruit Salad: Toast English Muffins as you fry eggs as you prefer your eggs. Heat up slices of deli ham in a separate pan. Stack egg seasoned with black pepper and ham on English muffin and top with a slice of provolone cheese (I also like mustard on my sandwich). Serve with diced fresh fruit (cantaloupe and watermelon).
Day Four: Chicken Cobb Salad: Boil half a dozen of eggs. Coat bottom of deep pan with olive oil and cook chicken strips. Prepare fresh lettuce, slices of tomatoes, strips of provolone cheese and croutons. Top with sliced boiled eggs and chicken strips. Use dressing of choice (I like Honey Mustard with this salad). Top with black pepper.
Day Five: Roast with Potatoes and Carrots: Place thawed roast in Crock Pot. Empty beef broth into Crock Pot. Add potatoes and onions that have been halved. Add a bag of peeled baby cut carrots. Cover with lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Season with salt and pepper.
Day Six: Tilapia with Strawberry Salsa: Click here for recipe. I serve over brown rice.
Day Seven: Eggless Western Omelet’s with Cottage Cheese: Half 4-5 fresh green peppers and remove stems and seeds. Microwave peppers for ten minutes (if you prefer to not use microwave, boil for 15 minutes). Stuff peppers with shredded deli ham, diced onions and fresh mushrooms. Baked at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, add a slice of provolone to each pepper half and then bake another 5 minutes. Top with salsa. Top cottage cheese with a few chunks of cantaloupe and some black pepper.
I have noted which items are on sale at Tops Supermarkets thru 4/6/2013.
- · Pork Tenderloin*
- · Garland Jack’s Secret Six BBQ Sauce**
- · Bush’s Baked Beans**
- · 3lb Bag of Russet Potatoes**
- · Fresh Express Cole Slaw**
- · Tops 10 oz Garlic Bread**
- · Sierra Mist 2 Liter**
- · Tops Premium Ice Cream**
- · Bush’s Baked Beans (second can) (1)
- · BBQ Sauce (second bottle) (1)
- · 2 Beef Broths, boxed not canned (2)
- · Mayo (2)
- · Boneless chicken breasts (1) $ 1.99 per lb
- · Black pepper (all)
- · Kosher salt (2)
- · Onion powder (1)
- · Garlic powder (1)
- · Ground coriander (1)
- · Ground cumin (2)
- · Crushed red pepper flakes (2)
- · Lime juice (2)
- · 3 Large Tomatoes (2) Hot House Beefsteak Tomatoes $1.99/lb
- · 2 Avocados (1)
- · 2 Red Onions (2)
- · Fresh Cilantro (2)
- · Worcestershire Sauce (1)
- · Paprika (1)
- · 12-18 Eggs (2)
- · English Muffins (1) BOGO FREE
- · Deli Ham, 1 pound (2) $ 5.49 for Russer Canadian Maple Ham at Deli
- · Provolone Cheese, Sliced, 1 pound (3) Tops Brand Packaged Sliced 2/ $ 5.00
- · Cantaloupe (2) BOGO FREE
- · Watermelon (1) BOGO FREE
- · Sliced Chicken Strips (1) Hormel Natural Choice Chicken Strips 2 for $ 6.00
- · Lettuce (1) Fresh Express Iceberg Garden Salad $ 0.99
- · Dressing of Choice (1) Ken’s Light Options $ 1.00
- · Croutons (1)
- · Roast (Beef or Pork) (1)
- · Carrots, bag (1) Peeled Baby Cut Carrots 1 lb $ 0.99
- · 5-6 White Onions (2) Texas Sweet Onions $ 0.99/lb
- · 6 Green Peppers (2) $ 0.99/lb
- · Mushrooms (1) Fresh Sliced 6-12oz pkg 2/$ 5.00
- · Salsa (1)
- · Cottage Cheese (1) Tops Brand 24 oz $ 2.79
- · Olive oil (1)
- · Garlic, minced (1)
- · Chili powder (1)
- · Cayenne pepper (1)
- · 4-6 Tilapia fillets (1)
- · 16 oz (1 lb) fresh strawberries (1)
- · Jalapenos (1)
- · Brown Rice (1) Success Brown Rice Boil in Bag 2/ $ 4.00
When you buy this (*) you get these items free (**) at Tops thru 4/6/2013.